Teen Bedroom Decorating Ideas
Teen Bedroom Decorating Ideas
Many teens are looking for cool, fun decorating ideas for their bedrooms that are both easy and budget friendly. If you are a teen looking to redecorate without completely changing your entire room, here are some ideas.
1. Lighting Ideas. Because teen bedrooms are a place for doing homework and studying for tests, they need to have good bright overhead lighting. But what about when the studying is done? Fun, hip lighting is a great teen bedroom decorating idea! Try stylish chandeliers, lava lamps, Indian lanterns, black-lights or lamps with colorful shades and cool designs. Candles are also a great lighting idea.
2. Stylish Storage. Teenagers have a lot to store in their rooms and a room that isn’t neat and organized is no fun to hang out in. Try stylish storage solutions for schoolwork, books, pens, magazines, sports gear etc! To keep your teen bedroom organized, it is important to have as many storage solutions as possible. Purchasing a bed with extra storage can be a big help! Painting plain wall shelves with colorful paint can add tons of style while providing essential storage space.
3. A Flying Desk. A good desk is really important for teen bedrooms. But why get a huge clunky one when a “flying desk” (or suspended desk) takes up so much less room? Suspended desks make cleaning a lot easier, as there is less furniture that needs to be moved around. They are comfortable to sit at and come in stylish designs. You can even make your own flying desk if you are feeling like a good DIY project!
4. Get an awesome chair. There are some really cool chairs out there that can turn your room into a place you really want to hang out in (not just study and sleep in). Hanging chairs (that are kind of like swings) are really comfortable places to chill or to read. Put a decorative pillow on the chair to add some style.
5. Cool Memo Board. If you’re a teen, you’ve got a lot of things to remember: homework assignments, extra-curricular activities, dates with friends and exams! Keep everything chic and organized with a cool memo board. Some memo boards are magnetic and you can just stick your notes on them or “write” yourself notes with magnetic words/letters! You can also try decorating your own bulletin board with fabric, paint, ribbons, tape and other accessories to make one that fits your style and needs.
6. Area Rug. Nothing makes a room feel homey like an area rug. With endless shapes, designs and colors you can find an area rug to fit any decorating theme. Many inexpensive rugs can be purchased to make your room feel like an awesome comfy space.
Looking for more teen bedroom decorating ideas? Check out our last post on wall decorating!
Latest posts by sara (see all)
- Creative Lighting Idea with Origami Wall Lamps and Fixtures - August 12, 2013
- Modern and Frameless Wall Clock – The chic way to keep time in your home - August 9, 2013