Choosing a theme is so much fun and is something you can do in all your rooms. A theme can be absolutely anything you like, think is beautiful, or that reflects your hobbies and interests. It can be anything from city sleek, trendy, Middle Eastern, retro, Hollywood-glam, Zen industrial and even butterflies. When it comes to themes, there are absolutely endless room decorating ideas out there!
When decorating according to a theme, every inch of your bedroom must be considered, including the floor, walls and ceiling. You also need to identify the colors, patterns, types of fabrics, furniture, accessories and lighting that will give you the particular look you are going for. You will need to do a bit of brainstorming and researching but it is worth it if you want your bedroom theme to turn out just right.
The following is an example that you can follow when coming up with your own bedroom theme!
Example: Zen Decorating Theme
• Colors: Stick to neutral, organic shades like tan, green, blue and white. Use these colors in walls, fabrics, accessories, furniture etc.
• Furniture: Japanese-style low platform bed, simple nightstand out of Asian hardwood, dresser with Chinese handles, perhaps out of wood from government controlled forests or something “zen” like that
• Ceiling: White ceiling, make sure not to have a bright light coming from the ceiling onto the bed
• Floor: Tatami Bamboo mat or woven rug,
• Walls: Hang watercolor and calligraphy paintings
• Bedding: Simple, high quality, tightly woven, tan or white
• Lighting: Paper lanterns, bamboo lamps paper blinds over the windows
• Accessories: Candles, stones, plants and maybe a small fountain. Accessories should be kept minimal, uncluttered and related to nature.
Just keep to these basic instructions and your bedroom will have a beautiful theme in no time.
Latest posts by sara (see all)
- Creative Lighting Idea with Origami Wall Lamps and Fixtures - August 12, 2013
- Modern and Frameless Wall Clock – The chic way to keep time in your home - August 9, 2013